project hosting - Mercurial: Share a repo without putting it on a server? -


I am working with many others in a student group We use Mercurial as our version control system We want, but some of our files can not be placed in online public presentations such as Google projects or codeplacks.

I know Mercurial has a bundle, is there any way we can host a repo on our machine? The command can be used to repo the package if I do this, and send the bundle to someone else, and they want me to change back, what is the best way to do this? Send me a bundle?

I have a shared hosting account on a server. Is there any chance I could walk away from that box? How do I know this?

Central repo is not needed The advantages of an distributed version control system One of the developers has their own stores on their machine, and you can connect to each other's machines or if the exchange of the changes is possible by connecting.

If one of your machines is accessible to each other, it can serve as a "central" repository if you think it will reduce the logistics of coordinating the work of everyone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -