installer - How to make it easy for users to install my software? Does the programming language matter? -


I am starting for intermediate programmer and I have learned some Java and C #. I want to start thinking that I can leave the world. Some basic things like calendar software, which may be free, want to make the user installation process quick and easy. To install the Java program, I have to tell them to install Java. To install the C # program, I have to install the .NET. I'm worried that it could leave some potential users who just want to double click on an XE file, choose a directory and do a lot.

So, I think this is a question or two:

1) Is there a programming language that allows users to set up the installer without installing other things goes?

OR:

2) Is there a way to install an installer looking at the system to see if it has Java / .NET / whatever, and then Java / Net / which is in the installation, if it is not already present in it?

I am surprised that Microsoft has not yet mentioned its setup project in Visual Studio Integrated and like Netscape, there is a check for anything else. Although warn, if you use some third-party components (reporting etc.) then it does not play very well, but you probably will not worry about it at that time :) Oh and it's not set in a strange location Is not the program files: /

Personally I really love! I do not worry too much about the net requirement, it comes with Windows updates and most PCs are nowadays, but you can check for whatever requirements are needed. Just make sure that users need it, in which links are required, if they need it; Also for java.

OT But of interest, there is a look at


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -