equality - Unexpected results with OCaml != -


What can I say, = and! = OCaml is supposed to work on strings. I'm seeing strange results, though I want to understand better.

When I compare two stars = I get it, then I hope the result will be:

  # "steve" = "steve" ;; -: bool = true # "Steve" = "line" ;; -: bool = false  

But when I try! = I do not:

  # "steve"! = "Rowe" ​​;; -: bool = true # "Steve"! = "Steve" ;; (* Unexpected - should not it be wrong? *) -: bool = true  

Can someone explain? Is there a better way to do this?

! = is not = Disclaimer & lt; & Gt; is a disapproval of = that you should use:

  # "Steve"  

! = == is rejected, and if you are starting an orcham, then you should not use any of them yet. They can be a little tricky, and they are officially underspecified (only guarantee that if there are two values ​​ == they are = ).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -