jquery - How to select elements from a set that are children of another element -


The title is a bit confusing but here's what I'm after:

  • P> I have a set of elements with all the h3 elements in a page.
    In jQuery Rules: var mySet = $ ('h3') .

  • > I need to find all the items of mySet in myContainer .

Any thoughts? I'm sure there is something magical a liner for this but I can not think of anyone. Instead I manually not loop and .closest (myContainer) through each element in the set ) or use something like this to determine the relationship.

Note that in my scenario, I can not use a new selector like $ ('div # foo h3') (this will be very easy) because I have real Selector values ​​are not accessible. Therefore, it has to be dynamic. Interesting assume that you have two jQuery collections and you do not know the selectors

:

  var myContainer = $ ('div'); Var mySet = $ ('h3: even');  

Filters seems to work:

  myContainer.children (). Filters (mySet)  

Be aware that this is as far as I can see, so it can change.
Can also accept the collection of elements, which act like this.

Working Examples:


Comments