Manual merge on GIT -


I develop with a very restart code in a proprietary script language that contains most of the configuration inside the code.

The obvious problem will be the difference between testing and production environments, and in fact I am trying to manage with GIT.

Env is quite unstable as my test, I thought I should make a branch in GIT for this, while the changes have been made (and keep the code with the test configuration there) and accept the code After that I will merge it into production.

Well, when I ask GIT to merge my branches, it does a great job with code. But the configs are also migrating well and I have a file-by-file To open it, change it and change it back.

Anyway, I can disable automatic mergence with GIT and there is no danger because the code conflicts are manually mixed with WinMerge or after some time? The code is small, in fact and since I have to edit it anyway to implement the configuration ...

ps: Please note, I am not sure how Win-Merge on GIT Configure I have these tools working. My question is how to always complete manual merger between the branches.

Thank you!

f.

disable automatic merge

A small merge driver can be obtained by typing.
A version such as

  unset  

Move the version from the current branch as a temporary merge result. , And declare that there is a conflict in the merge. This is suitable for binary files, which do not have a well-defined merge semantic.

But another interesting gitattitude driver will be:

 Http://git-scm.com/figures/18333fig0703-tn.png

Before automatically submitting a" clean "content to a repository, 'clean' script of your choice.
Such a '' clean script can help keep the changes you keep in your code automated or modify the embedded config value in it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -