Silverlight 4.0 question - synchronous calls to asmx web service -


I have a Silverlight problem.

I have to deal with a large heritage app, in which some web services exposed (regular asmx, not WCF). What I need to do is build the Silverlight app that consumes those web services. Due to business logic, I should be the only Web method to call synchronous with the Silverlight app. I was able to create web service consumption but only asynchronous because it would be the default Silverlight behavior

Is there any way to create asynchronous call synchronous in the Silverlight? I looked here and googled around but only came across WCF examples. I appreciate that someone will find a code example for regular asmx web service, I use Silverlight 4.0.

Thank you!

Silverlight does not support sync calls, even TCP / IP stack async is also there.

In some cases you need the results of "WebsiteCall-A" to send "WebSiteCol-B", then you have to type the code to match them all. For example, webservice-call-a-> callback-a-> process data -> webservice-b -> callback-b -> process data -> etc.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -