wordpress - License similar to the MIT license but without the ability to sell? -


I am trying to decide how do I license my Wordpress topics publicly? I know that GPL has been recommended for wordpress theme makers, although I think it may not be sufficient for me because I want them to use businesses, if they want to. I really like MIT license, the only thing I get is the freedom to sell that part. I do not want someone to take my theme and sell them on some theme farm sites, they should be free for everyone, although I do not want to publish any changes under MIT, It seems that this freedom should remain intact.

Is there a license that I fits in the terms specified here? I am not a lawyer, so I am having trouble reading through the complex language of the license, I do not care whether the license is GPL compatible, but the GNU GPL license is not what I want. If MIT does not have any similar license, but with the specified conditions, should I need a license under modified MIT? If so, can someone help me in writing this? Thanks a lot!

You can take the MIT license and add an overriding clause which Selling the product for money or stopping sub licensing.

Or can you take that license to a person who knows about the license and gets them to do so. In other words, the type of lawyer is not of technical type.

Any advice from non-lawyers will be exactly what he had laid for his degree in law at the university: -)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -