c# - Getting attachments from a mail account with .NET -


I have to get an attachment from an account for .NET to a free library (like Gmail, or others) via imap4 (Not necessary), and save them to a folder.

Ideally this will allow me to get a list of them, and download only a few given people (filtering based on extension, name, and / or size) and get free .

I have already done a trial version of this, but I am not quite suitable for trying to try to buy an unlimited version of this library (I do not know that this functionality is limited Was one of those with time).

--- [edit - hygi] ---

I am using the following code:

  New POP3 client Dim cl () cl.UserName = "marcelo.f.ramires@gmail.com" cl.Password = "mypassword" cl.ServerName = "pop.gmail.com" cl .AuthenticateMode = Pop3AuthenticateMode.Pop cl.Ssl = False cl.Authenticate () // takes a little while, but even goes a wrong password gets the Pope 3 messages = cl.GetMessage (1) // gives me an exception: message = "pop 3 connection is closed " 

UPDATE: Setting port to 995 gives me a "Response Timeout" exception

As a comment, I'm having some problems while trying to connect and receive an email first. Any help?

Well, I know that you specified IMAP4, but I thought I offered it any type of In case I do POP3 is an option, because it has been useful to me:

This library provides access to POP3 mails, in which many e- Mail services (including Gmail) offer new IMAP additions.

The core class is Pop3Client , which provides access to POP3 functions such as ExecuteList , ExecuteTop , etc. . What I am specifically saying about this - scanning and downloading actants.

If you decide that you can use after some time and need further guidance, then let me know.

UPDATE : In response to your updated question, I have some initial suggestions:

  1. Pop3Client.Port Property for 995 I know that GPL uses for POP3.
  2. Pop3Client.Authenticate gives me a few bool to assume that the authentication was successful or not.

UPDATE 2 : After you call the method to know whether you have tried this at home with the following settings, you can check this value You can. And it worked for me:

  Using the new POP3 client client as client. User name = "username@gmail.com" client Password = "[Enter password here]" client.ServerName = "pop Gmail.com" client.AuthenticateMode = Pop3AuthenticateMode.Pop client.Ssl = True 'notice: in your example code you have the wrong' client.port = 995 client .authenticate () Dim messageList = client.ExecuteList () Console.WriteLine ()   

Try these settings and see if they work for you.

UPDATE 3 : One more thing! Have you made sure that enable POP for your Gmail account? If not, you have to do this!

  1. From your Gmail Inbox, select "Settings").
  2. From the settings page, click on the tab labeled "Forwarding and Pop / IAPAP".
  3. In the pop download section, select one of the radio buttons to enable POP mail.
  4. Click "Save Changes" below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -