java - Best of both worlds: browser and desktop game? -


While considering a forum for a game, I have decided on multi-platform (Win / Linux / Mac) Make this my heart as far as Browser vs Desktop As I am not too far in development, and now I have second thoughts, I like your opinion!

Browser-based games using Java applets:

    < JOGL , 3D
  • < Strong>
  • / strong> display / quality is decent;
  • Android
  • Some viewers are likely to do great porting (small?) Often gamers switching to computers; It can sit on any computer , load a webpage and play it
  • It is also great for casual gamers or for less information which is a game in a browser Not very happy to play but
  • I'm more familiar with things written in a high-level language than C ++ - but at the same time, I'm more in my computer I want to set things up
  • Easy Update Riya: Reload the page.
  • 100% market access Believing the platform; However, this number is reduced when you think how many people will go through downloading and installing an executable compared to hitting "yes" for browsing on a webpage and for security alerts.
  • More Trouble Maintaining Cross-platform;
  • Again, Li> The perfect full screen , while browser games often struggle with smooth full screen graphics (especially on Linux, in my experience)
  • Steam
  • may leverage distribution platforms like
  • more likely to be "real" games , while browsers and Java are available Often are dismissed due to real games and so "hardcore gamers are not played by"
  • The installer could be larger; Download Time

Is The Best Way For Both Worlds? I like Java applets, but I really like to write desktop desktop too. I do not want to constantly stop everything between a Java applet project and a C ++ project; This work will be done twice!

Unity chose to write their own web player plugin I do not like it, because I am one of those people who will not be able to install anything to their web player, and I want my viewers to have a browser I do not understand how to install the plugin.

What are my options? In other examples, apart from Unity, are desktop versions of games and browsers? Did I leave anything in the above / pro lists?

Yes, both of you can be the best of the world.

It is possible to write a Java application that will also run in an applet (for your online users) while running the form as a standalone application.

The key technologies are:

  • For graphics, in which there is something good
  • I'm not familiar with this I think that is very promising if you want a full-featured game engine

If it uses any kind, then an old game I wrote was an applet As a standalone downloaded .jar file, if you want to see it, then the source Source is open. It uses ordinary AWT instead of 3D graphics.

And finally here the applet is converted into an application with a very small amount of code.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -