setup project - VS 2008 created shortcut doesn't show up in "Send To" menu -


I created WinForms app using a Visual Studio 2008. I added a setup project for the solution to create an installation MSI file. I need the setup project, which will be sent to the user's menu. This way when someone right clicks on a file, my app will be shown in the send list and selected.

Under the File System Settings of the Setup Project, I found out how to add a shortcut to the Send User menu. The problem is, the shortcut does not appear in the Send menu when you right-click on a file. If I manually create a shortcut for your executable shows in the Send Application menu

I have read many tips on the web for the necessary registry entries to work on it, a VBS file written by Ramesh Srinivasan Is that which inserts them. On every system I have already installed it on the registry values, so it is not the problem seems to be making Visual Studio (or MSI anyway) with shortcut

I have the same problem on Windows XP and Windows 7, I have not seen it on other OS yet.

Send menu requires that the shortcut be a regular shortcut pointing to an executable. Shortcuts are advertised to the shortcuts created by Visual Studio during the creation of MSI, advertised shortcuts do not indicate the executable installed, but by enabling installation-on-demand, MSI installer.

You must set the property on MSI to create a regular shortcut. Unfortunately, you have to use a post build event on the installer to set up a DISABLEADVTSHORTCUTS property - Visual Studio does not provide an easy way to set it up Does.

See responses by Damien Wagel how to set up a post build event.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -