layout - What is the best way to write faster on Vim using a non-english keyboard? -


I usually use Vim, and for the ability to do some tasks faster than other editors However, since I live in Argentina, I have a Latin American keyboard, which makes everything very slow in Vim (press / hold Shift + 7 to search / search)

Since I do not want to change the keyboard layout all the time (and it is very difficult to press the icons as the English keyboard), I was wondering if a Wim plugin (.vimrc file) That can be useful for international users.

Just for this, here's how the Latin American keyboard has been kept:

By the way, I would love to buy and buy an English keyboard, But unfortunately I use a laptop.

I have sympathy. You have at least some options:

  1. Since you said that you want to buy an English keyboard, then I just recommend changing your keyboard layout. On Windows you can do this under regional settings, you can use the Loadkeys on the original Linux console. Under X11, you can use setxkbmap .
  2. Just be the way it is with it. Insurance help will understand the most in this way.
  3. Search the language map for your Latin American keyboard. For example, take a look at

I use the Divorak keyboard layout and I live with the way I am with it. If any commands or two that are too cumbersome, then map them to something easier on your keyboard. Essentially there will be other shortcuts that can be easy due to different keyboard layouts, but overall efficiency depends on your layout and the features you use.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -