git svn - Could git do not store history of specific folders when working with git-svn? -


Briefly: Is there a way to disable full history storage in GIT-SVN repo for specific folder?

There is a huge SVN repo with our large checkout. I would like to move it to the guit for my local development, because GIT has used the update and status Enhances the order of magnitude of orders

When I simply clone git svn this big repo makes big big then my whole HDD should be bigger problem in the binary directories, for which the history is too big.
The latest bills are required for proper local construction, but history is not required for my development process. I will never change them myself
I want to store only the latest versions for specific folders, or there may be a history but not more than a week.

Only filter for git svn fetch , which does not include specific folders. This is not exactly what I need.

It is okay for me to work in a cron, which removes history from specific folders, but I do not know how to create a cron first git svn clone problem Does not solve

P. s. The SVN repository structure could not be changed in any way.

I ended up with the next solution:

  1. with binaries There are three folders, so I've added them to git-svn ignored folders so that they are not stored by git at all
  2. Add these folders manually to the git work space with the Svn version control
  3. created the script, which once updates these folders by the cronon

Now I have a lot Weird workspace is where some folders are managed by SVN and others, but it seems that it is working as a solution for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -