c# - What concerns should I have when instantiating a .NET component in a VB6 application? -


I just read through MSDN 2002 article, to get a basic understanding of calling net object calls from VB6 code Is called for. However, I am still wondering if I am worried about referencing .NET objects from VB6 and if that article was written 8 years ago, then there is some new information.

In our specific implementation, we need to add a component for both VB6 and a Classic ASP (VB script), which will apply the discount rules of the items in the shopping cart. I was planning to write the solution in NET and then calling the component from our VB6Ap.

However, we are concerned that the related methodology barriers can be used to translate our ADO recordets into simple types, to convert the NATT component to work in the immediate form, then the ADO record set Can translate back into done. I hope that the performance and code maintenance will yield benefits from ADO recordsets and use the NAT to yield any cost, but I'm not sure; Nor am I aware of other concerns which slow down a net assembly instead of using a COM assembly. Any suggestions and insights will be greatly appreciated.

The main problems I have in this area are maintenance; Creating a com-callable DLL is not difficult, but when you update it, it is worth calling cancel (i.e. recruiting changes) can be a real pain Or maybe I just used RoboCopy for deployment, which is not going to be enough in this case - and it did not help that I had also struggled with COM +.

Data Re. You really want to keep the API native. I'll be happy to throw a straight line (XML probably but not the only choice), but I will avoid records etc This is just asking for pain. Of course, you have no choice.

The last time I had to do this, I was really upset by trying to fight different layers, and I ended up using http for the interface instead; Both VB6 and C # are more than being able to throw an HTMX message around or around a basic http server (either ASP or ASP.NET). It may be that a bit more over land, but the separation was worth it. And this means that I can swap the client or server at any time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -