SQL Server Data Import with a "lookup" -


I have two databases, on two different SQL servers (trying to consolidate both).

This is my setup, and I am trying to import from Server1: Order2 from the Order table: Order table. Server1 Database1 Order (ID, Customer Name, Date Order) Server 2 Database 2 Customer (ID, Name) Order (ID, Customer ID, DateOrdered)

As you can see, Database 1 has D-normalized data, and database 2 has similar data, properly normalized.

I'm doing SQL Server importing into database 2, the client table pops up, and there is a match between Server1.Database1.Orders.CustomerName and Server2.Database2.Customers.Name Will happen.

What happens to me during the import, is the "Viewed" field based on the value of the Customer Name field in Customer Data Agency, then insert it into my new order table.

I am able to connect to both servers via SSMS, and I am trying to import as a data source through "SQL Server Native Client 10".

Update

It appears that I am not going to be able to "package" an SSIS so that I have done this:

the database has been moved 1. Order of database 2 Arscold

Now I'm looking for a query to create new order records in database 2. Enter the order and the corrected customer ID, because now the three tables are in the same database, is it possible?

Use SSIS, see blogs and tutorials related to special Lee MSDN article links.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -