sql server - Does Microsoft Access use the PK fields for anything? -


Ok this is talking weird, but I've got an app that has an access front with a SQL Server backend End is I am in the process of writing a new front for this, but ... I need to continue using access front end for a while, even after I have been deployed at the end of my new front Can go. That's why the existing access app and both of my new apps should be able to access and work with data.

The problem is that database design is a nightmare, for example, some simple parental-child relationships have the overall primary key of 4 and 5 parts, like relationships.

I would really like to remove these PKs and add them to unique obstacles or anything else, and add a new column for each. In these tables ID is called, which is just an identity.

If I convert PK and FK into more manageable areas in these tables, then what are the problems facing the Access app? What do I mean, does the use of meta data from entry tables (PK and FK info) in such a way that it will break the app to replace them?

This app should not be "broken", but you have to refresh the linked tables. To make sure that it can perform an operation operation on the rows, Access uses information from PK to update a line to find a line in it If no PK is defined, when you have any If you link to the table, then they will ask you to identify PK.

If you are adding Sarogate Identity PK then you should be OK - as long as the tables are refreshed. / P>


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -