Can I use PowerShell with SQL Server 2005? -


I know that SQL Server 2008 has highlighted some features in PowerShell as snapins. Now I want to know whether I can use PowerShell with SQL Server 2005? I think the answer is not , right? Thank you.

Yes - you can use PowerShell with SQL Server 2005. SQL Server 2008 minishell, sqlps .exe, which works with SQL Server 2008 with server 2005 and 2000.

To get the SQLS, you have a separate download form available as a part of installing SQL Server 2008 Management Studio or SQLS.

In addition to this, you can write directly the PowerShell code using SQL Server Management Object (SMO). SMO is the underlying class used in SSMS and SKLPS and it was first used in SQL Server 2005. Like SQLS, SMO will work with SQL Server 2000.

The codepex project I coordinate offers more than 130 functions and uses SMO and PowerShell which work with 2000 R2 versions of SQL Server 2000.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -