Access: Data Type Mismatch using boolean function in query criteria -


I have a VBA function IsValidEmail () which gives a boolean I have a query Which calls this function: Expr1: IsValidEmail ([e-mail]) . When I run the query, it shows -1 for the right and 0 for the wrong. So far so good.

I just want to filter the query to show only invalid emails. I'm using Query Designer, so I add the value of the value to 0 . This gives me a "data type mismatch" error, so does "0" (with quotation marks) and how do I specify the criteria for the wrong boolean function?

For a Boolean column, "0" is definitely "mismatched data type in criteria expression" Give error. However, 0 or wrong should be done without quotation marks. I do not understand why they are creating the same error.

See if you can do an active inquiry through SQL editing directly. Create a new query, in this statement, SQL View and Paste (by changing your table name with the name of your table). Select

  as IsValidEmail ([e-mail]) from yourTableName from valid_email where ISValidEmail ([e-mail]) = incorrect;  

When you make it this way, does your query run without errors?

Update : Since that query has also created this error, I can suggest that it is trying without any criteria.

  SELECT IsValidEmail [e-mail]) Valid_email, typename (IsValidEmail ([e-mail])) YourTableName to type_of_valid_email;  

However, it seems like a long shot, because you have already told us that without any criteria you have made your first attempt. If this does not identify the problem, would you consider emailing a hidden copy of my database? Tell me if you are interested and I will give you my email address.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -