Precompile asp.net application / webpart for WSS / SharePoint -


I have created some custom applications that run on WSS 3 using Visual Studio 2010 web application templates. When I compile the application, the assembly creates an assembly file in the Studio Bin directory, which I then copy into a production server (the second machine) with WSS 3. The compiled app del file is copied to the bin folder inside the WSS virtual directory and runs fine in it.

As the project requirements / applications have increased over time, I have to face this problem now that the first hit in the assembly speeds dynamic compilation which I would like to save.

> Even if the applications are going well, I would like to use the ASP precompiler on my development machine so that the page can be reducing the delay on request for the first time.

I have used the following command to precompile the entire application:

  aspnet_precompile -v / -p PATH_TO_WEB_APPLICATION C: \ WebApp -errorstack  

The compile runs fine without any error and I end up with a couple .compiled files and also a Web_App_xxxxx.dll file inside the C: \ WebApp \ bin folder.

How have I lost a bit here on the move?

Can you please give me some advice on which folder do I need to copy files compiled on the production server?

Do they need to go to the bin folder on the server or in the better folder where the ASPX pages are located?

In addition to this, I would like to know if I can pre-compile the web application IV on a development machine without the metabase, use the -V and P switch and later use it inside WSS ?

I have copied all the files from the C: \ webpacks \ bin folder into the server bin folder but unfortunately the CSC compilation process still seems to be looking for process monitors on server events.

Cheers,

Mathias

file to bin folder Need to be left in and everything will work fine. To switch the switch, you have to do this if you are using the -p flag, but I think it depends on how you are compiling the app. See for more

This type of cruise control looks like a job for the .NET environment.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -