.net - software distribution and patch management -


Software such as Microsoft or Anti-Virus companies, How do the patches / software update their home?

Anti-virus companies do not send full executability; Only new virus signatures I think, similarly, I have seen that Microsoft sends some files in the '$ NtUninstallKB ...... $' folder, which runs it as a Windows Update program. I think there is an installer in every such folder that only changes the DLL which needs to be updated or fixed.

Question

Is there a universal method of doing this or does each house employ its methods?

I do not want to send the whole application again in every individual client. Suppose that only a few DLLs have to be changed or if something extra is added, then I plan to plan my final compilation How should I go about

  • Do I need to separate my application into several assemblies?
  • If so, is there some compilation method that allows specific classes to be packaged in a special dell?

What I have put here is my thoughts on this subject and I can be wrong, can someone please put some light on this? I am considering implementing such deployment and patch management techniques for the Net platform.

Thank you for your time.

You can see that there are several ways to do this, and in this case your application is only a single shawl Which dynamically loads the functionality you change, just by changing the files included in the upgrade (what most sellers currently do), or, interestingly: I actually have one on the last item I see.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -