sql - Restore DB — Error RESTORE HEADERONLY is terminating abnormally. -


I have backed up SQL Server 2008 db on the server, and downloaded them to the local environment.

I am trying to restore that database and it gives me the following error.


Exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

------------------------------ Additional Information:

Media family on device 'C: \ go4sharepoint_1384_8481.bak' is incorrectly created. SQL Server can not process this media family Restoration headphones are abnormally terminated (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 3241)

For help, click:

I have tried to make a temporary db on the server and tried to restore the same backup file and it works. I have not even tried to download the file from a local PC file Scope of the use of different options on Failjila (auto, binary) of

But it does not work then I tried to execute the following command on the server.

> Back up database go4sharepoint_1384_8481 TODISK = 'C: \ HostingSpace \ dbname_jun14_2010_new.bak' with FORMAT

This is giving me the following error:

Message 3201, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 can not open backup device 'c: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL10.SQLEXPRESS \ MSSQL \ Backup \ C: \ HostingSpace \ dbname_jun14_2010_new Bak 'operating system error 123 (file name, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.) Message 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 backup database Programming is abnormally terminated. After the research, I get the following 2 useful links:

But I still have to restore the database correctly I am not able to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You can view this blog post. It had resolved my problem.

@@ version


This output me Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00 .4053.00 (Intel X86 ) May 26 2009 14:24:20 Copyright (C) 1988-2005 Windows NT 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2) on Microsoft Corporation Express Edition

To ensure you If you are using the new SQL Server version, you need to re-install a new named instance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -