git global config issue -


Anyhow, user.name and my global git for user (msysgit ) Settings

When I try them and change them, I can not get the : //.gitconfig

If I git I try to u: //.gitconfig via bash and I get a permission denied

C: \ Users \ & lt; My username & gt; There is no reference to git in \

.

I have tried to uninstall it, my file system for all references to GIT and I can not find any of the registry (though Windows file search is nonsense).

What's going on? Even after re-establishment, this people will still see the details of global settings

thanks

< P> Global gitconfig is stored at the $ HOME location (in the GIT Bash session).
Do you have $ HOME (or% HOME% in the DOS session) referred to as u: \ .

If so, then just set HOME =% HOMEPATH% (if you have HOMEPATH defined in Windows 7 as defined), and you < Em> should be able to use its global Git configuration / resume update.


OP says:

My % HOMEPATH% is set to \ Will that set HOME for that help?

Not really well, because HOME is usually not an environment converter set by Windows (XP, Vista or 7).

It was fixed, well, set home to c: \ users \ me

Fixing HOMEP at (even if it is not directly involved in the guit) will also be advised (this should not be referred to as u: \ .)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -