Linux, C++ audio capturing (just microphone) library -


I am developing a music game, it's like a singer star but you will have to play instead of singing. It is called, and it is still in the initial development phase

In this game, I capture the microphone input, then run a simple FFT analysis and compare the result to the typical recorder frequencies Is getting the note played like this.

In the beginning, the audio library I was using was, but I do not remember why I switched, which I am currently using. The problem is that, from time to time, it crashes randomly or stops capturing, such that no sound is coming from the microphone.

My Question , what is the best option for capturing microphone input on Linux? I just have to open, read and stop the flow of bytes from the microphone.

I am studying, and (joint) surprising thing:

I do not think that PortAudio is a very good API for operating systems like Unix.

So, what would you recommend me?

Port audio is another odd option with another option

I personally It will be away from everything and will use Gstreamer Audio can be a terrible mess on Linux (speaking as a long term victim) Gstreamer lets you deal with it, so that you have to forget about it, go ahead and go about it There is no need to think again.

OpenLL is probably the most popular for game dev and it should support most systems (though you

< P> I will definitely make sure that you are developing for the most popular setup (at this time there is PalsAudio, I think), then you are not finished in a situation where you live and you will work About people feared are sunk in a pool .

And listen to nonsense about Pulsaudio - it can be new and it can take some more resources than a single BLSA system, but it certainly does not have issues with latency The modern desktop is not an option because people are torn up because it is very tightly integrated (and also useful).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -