Considering moving from Java/Spring MVC to Grails -


I currently use Java & amp; Spring (MVC) to create a webapp, and I am considering going to the Grails. I appreciate the feedback / insights on the following:

  1. I have existing application in Java / Spring WebAp that I have web Loading via Xml ContextLoaderListener; Is it possible to have multiple application references in Grails? if so, how?

  2. This webpage uses a CXF dependable web service on a large scale and uses the current Java / Spring WebApp bundled CXF HTTP client. Can I continue using the CXF HTTP client in Grails?

  3. I have implemented Spring Security using a custom implementation of user information and user devices service, can I reuse these implementations in Grails " "Or should I apply them again?

  4. An example where I trust the jdbc template of Spring (instead of the available ORM) and the data source defined in an additional app reference, can I reuse it in Grails?

  5. I plan to use Maven as a project management tool; Are there any issues using Maven with Gravy where there is a combination of Grivi and Java?

  6. Edit Edit: To build the development of the Web component "Grave" of Grails webapp, Ruby-on-Rail Besides, I'm considering Grails instead of Ruby-on-Rails, because I want to continue using JVM and I have previously dubbed Grails and it was quite easy to pick and use.

  1. Perhaps grails use a sub-orbit of spring classification reference That's the web it's Configures in Xml file. I can give a more accurate answer if you tell me how you do it with Spring MVC.

  2. Yes you may be interested in the CXF plug-in, although I can not vouch for it:

  3. You should be able to use them. However, you may want to see if it is done easily with the Spring Security plugin. I believe this is, but you will be able to get a definite answer from the author of the plugin, Bert Beckwith.

  4. Yes you can also catch a hibernate session factory to do raw hibernate stuff. GOMM can also work with many data sources:

    Another Bert Beckwith a :)

  5. This can be done by you Depending on what you mean "combining Groovy and Java" you can build Grails projects with Maven, but the integration is not completely smooth. If your Grails project has Java and Groovy, it takes care of itself.

  6. In answer to Bozho, I use standard Grails services + GORM and would not have it any other way. Note that if you use Java for services and domain models, you will not automatically reload the services. You also lose the benefits of personality and brevity, which brings Groovy.

    If you want, you can use the steady type in Grails services to make it easier for you to complete the code for your IDE. It can also give you an indication of identifying the properties and methods (which corresponds to the Java compilation errors), even if you use the stable type, Groovy can not compile the type of compilation at the time. You will only know about them at the runtime.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -