delphi - Using ZLib unit to compress files vs using ZipForge -


There are many questions about zipping in Delphi, however it is not a duplicate.

I'm using

1) ZIP and unzip (!)

2) To protect passwords:

Archives

Now I am removing the password from all archives so that I only need to zip and unzip the files. I zip them to minimize bandwidth while uploading / downloading files from the server. So my idea is to unzip all the files for one time (with password) and to process them once again without a password.

I have nothing against Zipfarz, anyway it is an additional component, every time I have a latest Delphi version I will have to wait for new IDE support and additionally more components during installation More problems (I do not mention the cost because it is very low, and while changing the component with the cost of another, it is not a cost issue).

So since I do it is very easy, I want to change ZipForce with a simple function using 2 ZLib unit. I found work (and trial).

What do you think about using the Zlib unit? Do you see any potential problem that I will not have with zipfarrage? Can you comment on the speed?

OK, ZLib is not zipped out of the box and if you need to create a zip file that is third -Package should be unpacked by software, you really have to type additional code to zip the files. If you both use your code for compression and decompression, you can go with ZLib but you will still modify the wheel by creating your own conference to pass file names. And you still need to use a third-party library


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -