security - Sql server execute permission; failure to apply permissions -


I have migrated from SQL2000 to SQL2008 and I spawn_accept on a stored proc

the rest of the system db Works fine with login which is added to setup and database.

I have tried:

   

use message 15151, level 16, state 1,

Line 1 user 'dbuser' can not be found because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

I'm logged into the server with full permissions. I can execute a similar SQL statement and apply permissions for a server role, though not login / user.

How do I apply changes to specific users / login?

I can apply permissions for the public role and it resolves my problem; Although this is a security problem I really do not want to apply to live servers.

From the answer to John, the leading user checked the user listing on the master database and my user was not there. Whether it has been removed or lost something which I do not know. Some DBS migration has gone crazy with new server examples.

Anyway; To enable the user to perform the database again and to add it to a specific login, enable the following statement to run the following statement on the master database.

  Sys]. [SP_OADestroy] TO [dbuser] [GRAS]] [SYS] [GRASER] [SP_OACreate] TO [dbuser] Go [GR]] [SP_OAMethod] TO [dbuser] GO Approval [SYS]. [DBISER] GO  

from [SP_OASetProperty] Thanks for all help and hints. Hope this helps other people in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -