sql - Access is re-writing - and breaking - my query! -


I have a query in MS Access (2003) that uses a subquery part of the sub-section looks like this Is:

  ... from (SELECT id, dt, all_recs WHERE def_cd = "ABC-00123" statement) AS q1, ...  

And when I switch to the table view to verify the result, then all is OK.

Then, I wanted the result of this query to print on a page header for a report (the query returns a single row with page-header content). I get an error because the query is written all the time:

  ... from [SELECT id, dt, all_recs WHERE data defng = "ABC-00123"; ] AS Q1, ...  

So that the round bracket is automatically replaced by square brackets, Access believes that it needs to be done , Okay! But in this subcategory ; Why is it adding , which makes it unsuccessful?

I think that I can only create new query objects for these subqueries, but it seems a little silly that I should do this to

Ah, the happiness of access. The query design does not play well with normally derived tables. In fact, compared to some structures, Jet believes that the query designer can not be properly seen. In fact, many of these complex questions will be confused with QBE (as you've seen changes). In general, you should consider that you can safely see the code in QBE rather than a derived table or "complex" query.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -