caching - Mobile Safari application cache bugs? -


I am using a Mobile Safari cache MANIFEST file to store a Multi Page Data Entry application that can be used as an iPod touch (Version 3.1.3) The application in offline mode writes through the ORM in the client-side database, it all works well.

However, I sometimes go through very difficult to reproduce the problem, so that the Safari forgets that the pages are cached. When this happens, the "Page can not open" alert appears, which is what happens when you try to go to a non-cached website with Wi-Fi. The only way to fix this is to connect to wireless signal and go to the site when it is online, which set the cache directly when you are in the office, but working in the field is not very easy.

I am not trying to give any context beyond the cached resources, and I have verified that the application is cached during the entire site, while disconnected, Sometimes successfully for the days of the end I think there is a bug in the OS that messes with the validity of the cash; I am not seeing a solution to the problem (but it would be good), but there are some confirmations that others have had to face this problem.

Using a cash manifest and many troubleshooting, I completely cache a whole application I am capable of; Note that this is a single page app with only a few different file resources.

As another enhancement, I am trying to modify the DOM on the basis of

window .applicationCache status

< P> To inform the user about the update, ie:

Tap here to apply the update

If it was possible, I can swap the cache

window.applicationCache.swapCache ();

which will allow me to swap in the update cache and then restart the page to provide a systematic update mechanism.

Potentially more organized than the App Store from Apple Store

I suspect that Web applications by Apple have a lot to say, I believe that the level of support for the "html5" API on mobile devices is strongest in apple safari.

The following are some of the problems that I have not seen in any particular order. Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of bugs.

I never found an 'update' event; This warning line never runs:

  window.applicationCache.addEventListener ('updateready', function (e) {warning ('updateready event status =' + window.applicationCache.status);} , False);  

I can not manually check for updates The following code gives me an exception

  try {window.applicationCache.update ()}; } Catch (error) {warning ('exception: \ n' + fault); }  

It seems as soon as I start talking about cash status, caching is stopped. Bugs are surprisingly elusive; Pinning down & amp; Separating any single issue can take a lot of time, especially when this code runs smoothly on other browsers (chrome).

Now it's a good one: I doubt if you pin an app on your home screen, ICloud backs up resources and restores them after running the app for the first time from the Home screen. To avoid the problem, you may sometimes have to rename files I have proven that the unbalanced backup of apple insufficient components

completely removed from your app server

Web pages pinned from home screens

Cache

Opening the App URL in Safari

This latest version

Pin at home

P> Verify that the pinned app latest version

turn it off

Run again - and back to its back, no longer on your server.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -