licensing - Question regarding the ExtJS License -


Assuming that I will create a CMS that uses EXJGs

I refrain from licensing fees I want to, so I open CMS on Gitub.

Now we think that I should make my friend Dave a website which uses my CMS. I spend three hundred hours designing the logo and layout. Can I charge for this, and should I be bound to open source Dave's website or is it enough to open CMS?

I find this LPGL license a little misleading. Hello to Dave for me.

Before ext 2.1, the ExtJS code is under LGPL. It currently uses that means that if you distribute , "whole work, as a whole" should be licensed under GPLv3. The entire work may include direct code associated with the execution. But "different and independent works, which are not in detail the nature of the work they covered" (which probably includes the server code) should not be GPLv3. So in the way I explain it, only the code (like Client JS you can develop), which extend tightly, they have to be released.

IANAL.

Even if you can charge as much as you want for services and / or CMS.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -