.net - MVC2 or WCF for an XML/JSON REST API? -


I've spent a long time learning how to adapt WCF to authentication on a resistan service and so on. Can; I created some custom service hosts, then added the ability to use the IoC container to actually create service frequency, etc.

We have iPhone / iPad App plus some other gadget-type stuff (technical term!) That now use these (XML, JSON for browser-based platform I-platform) And with whom we can easily add new actions, it is very happy.

I used all the Fabulous DataContract serializers (and now use them in separate cases to read / write objects outside WCF) and after that fast learning phase, but now we have all those I am very happy.

Now we have many new web projects for which I jumped on the possibility of using MVC- and it was appropriately affected; Model binding, in particular, is really ass mess.

Now I am seeing similar cheerful APIs for these web projects (these are all similar sites but on the basis of custom longon there will be minor changes in different branding and business logic). Originally, I expected that all this work on WCF would make us in good standing - but MVC's silk is my development path for XML / JSON and now I am caught between the two.

If you want to write an MCC site, will you ever use WCF to implement your REST API?

I will remove an argument for the use of WCF - which is written properly, it can be isolated to run as a Windows service, although a web server is required Looks like a desperate case!

Update

I should say that I have now implemented 3 different large services using MVC 2 & amp; 3, and it's a pleasure to work with. I've written model binders wrap around WCF's DataContractSerializer for XML and definitely fix JSON support. I will not go back now.

I have never used WCF, but I am currently using MVC2 To implement the REST API.

For the most part it is well suited, but there is some interval, and it is a little bit involved in a learning curve. I need to use for better XML support. I have supported sending MVC futures to JSON objects in an action method (see :). I needed to take a source for this and changed it so that it could support XML.

I have heard that there is some rest of the structure which is at the top of Net MVC, but I do not have it

If you are familiar with WCF and it works well for the last time So, I'll try to stick with what you know.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -