ruby on rails - Problem building relationships between models -


So far, I am using the act_as_taggable_on plugin for tagging announcements.

This plugin creates the following tables:

Tagging: related to the table of tags and declarations (for tag items, there is a field labeled tagGable_ID, which I call "declanation_id" I change the name I explain below).

Tags: Tag IDs and names are.

On the second day, I came to know that I have a certain tag, but Announcement.tagged_with (tag_name) is doing, and I do not want to search by name, but for ID.

So, because of the functionality of that plugin I'm not using almost anything, I decided to make a model for tagguns and tag tables to complete it: Announcement.tags .

The relationships of the models are displayed in the following form:

edit:

  class tagging & lt; ActiveRecord :: Base is_to: Announcement ist_to: tag end class tag & lt; ActiveRecord :: Base has has_many: tagging has_many: Announcements, via = & gt; : Tagging & Class Announcement & lt; ActiveRecord :: Base has has_many: Tagging has_many: tags, via = & gt; : Tagging  

Why can not I run the command Announcement.tags ?

Text ">

You have actually posted that you have tried Announcement.ags . But there will be a method on tag an announcement , and it is calling it as a method on the announcement class, which will not work

Assuming that you are actually calling an_announce.tags , you must announcement and tag Code> tagging - is similar:

  class declaration & lt; ActiveRecord :: Base has has_many: Tagging has_many: tags, via = & gt; Tagging end class tag & lt; ActiveRecord :: Base has has_many: tagging has_many: Announcements, via = & gt; : Tagging end  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -