battery - Determine Android phone's proximity to known point while conserving power -


I am trying to determine if the Android user is close to a list of predefined locations. I want to do this with minimal drain on the phone's battery. To accomplish this, I see that there are two mechanisms and what are the pros and cons of the two methods? Will the battery have less effect compared to the other? In either case, I make specific guesses.

Location updates are probably less expensive than proximity alerts in terms of battery usage.

Since addProximityAlert uses both NETWORK_PROVIDER and GPS_PROVIDER , you lose the ability In addition to choosing which provider to use, in addition to this, while the documentation states that once every four minutes when the screen is closed, it is not a code to support such functionality if it is proximity checked It's getting and I can get what I need One is recommended as it is recommended that background services use values ​​over 60000 MS, I suspect that it would be less expensive requestLocationUpdates directive with a large minimum interval and NETWORK_PROVIDER .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -