python - Eventlet or gevent or Stackless + Twisted, Pylons, Django and SQL Alchemy -


We are extensively using twisted applications for applications requiring asynchronous IOs. There are some cases where the goods are connected to the CPU and for this we create a pool of processes to work and many servers have a system to manage them - all have been done very well. Works. The problem is that it is difficult to bring the members of the new team up to speed. Writing in asynchronous code requires a near-vertical learning curve. It seems that humans simply do not think that way naturally.

We are probably considering a mixed approach that may be part of the xmlrpc server and twisted process management and other code in the code that looks synchronous until at least some time. That's not the case. Again again I have more obvious lies because I would think a little bit more about this on the greenlets anyway - how well does that stuff work? So there's Stackless and as you can see from my avatars avatar I have considerable success information in the first hand of CCP's main Eve online game. What about eventual or geologist? Well now only works with eventual twisted though geological claim can be faster because it is not a pure Python implementation but rather depends on libevent. It also claims less flaws and faults by 1 person As far as I can tell. It makes me somewhat successful but all the great projects start in this way ... then there is - I have not finished reading about it yet - just seen it in this thread.

So confusing - I 'wonder what to do - sounds like the Eventlet is probably the best bet, but is it really stable enough? Does anyone have any experience with it? Should we go with the stackless instead, because it's been around and the technology has proven - just like Twisted - and they work well. But still I hate to have a different version of Python to do this. What to do ....

Although it hit some unpleasant blog entry nail on my head for me: I do not get twisted Java comment like me as Java is usually where you are in the threading mindset But whatever happens, if that monkey patch thing actually works then wow similarly. Just wow!

You might want to check:

  • Both the eventtail and the gateway can be made to run on the stackless. At some points we tried to do this compared to Greenlet, but the students did not get it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -