Does anyone know of a vim plugin or script to convert special characters to their corresponding HTML entities? -


I develop websites for corporate clients, so we & reg;, & trade; Etc., sometimes I paste into huge blocks of copy, which may contain beautiful quotes (& ldquo; & rdquo;) or other weird characters from the word processor.

So, my question is: Can anyone convert a Vime plugin or a script, which can swoop into one, all these characters in HTML institutions?

I think that it covers all the bases of institutions, it would be good:

So, for the above characters, they have and reg; , and business; , & amp; Ldquo; , will be replaced with , & Amp; Rdquo; , etc.

I tried htmlspecialchars vimball (), but no dice, it replaces HTML-discrete characters just like PHP HTMLsepcialchars function, and does not cover any extra special characters.

I will suggest Tim Pope's plugin. It provides using mapping: [x and ] x respectively.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -