linux - Address of instruction causing SIGSEGV in external program -


I want to get the address of the instruction that causes the program of external program of SIGEESGV. I tried to use ptrace for this, but I'm getting EIT (maybe the default signal handler?) From kernel space, how can GDB get the correct EIP?

Is there any way to provide GDB with this information using some APIs?

Edit: I do not have the source of the program, only the binary executable I need automation, so I can not just use "run", "information register" in GDB, I want to apply "registrar information" in the debugger :)

You found the process using Ptrace .

It seems that you want PTRACE_GETREGS to register. You want to see some example code like strasse, such as handling this signal handling and by reading this document, I think that the detected child will stop at every signal and tracing the parent to the child for signal Wait


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -