java - Creating user generated reports -


I need to make custom reports to users. I do not know the technical skills like users. We do not currently have a custom database report If the design is originally done on a GUI, the application will have to generate an SQL to create the appropriate framework.

Has anyone done this before? I know there are reporting solutions available but for reporting we already have database databases. We already have a section where users can view reports displayed in HTML. For example, if the user selects the "UserID" and "Accounts" field from the GUI, how do I know that my SQL is joining the user and account table?

I think I am looking for some ideas to help solve this problem.

Thank you.

The question you raised has a very wide and open end which does not have a simple answer . You have the complexity of the report and the GUI interface will determine what you have to do. I had to write a reporting system from scratch for a project and it was an 8 month 3 person development effort. There is a way to map your GUI field to the basic database database of what you want. I have worked earlier in both reporting systems, we have used XML to get it (XML can be very complicated because there are so many parties in it that you need to generate dynamic questions).

My advice is in the form of a starting point, especially you can find iReport useful for preparing static reports. There are some techniques in that stack (Dynamic Roports and WebRipbuilder) with which I do not have the experience but can be useful for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -