Safe ASCII char to replace whitespace before storing -


My code passes a large bunch of text data on a legacy lib, which is responsible for storing it. However, it works to remove white space on the rear. This is a problem when I read the data back. Since I can not change legacy code, so I thought about changing all the places with some unusual ASCII characters. When I read the lesson, I can turn them back.

  1. Is this a bad idea, considering that I can not touch the heritage storage code?
  2. Use as an option? I was thinking of some four above 180.

There will be empty spaces - no tabs or new lines in the data. The data is alphanumeric, with special characters.

If you need protection, then the previous location (embedded) is the space is fine), then ' $ 'Or at the end of every lesson about what kind of insert.

Then you can remove it while reading it back.

You may have a problem if the legacy system already has data in it, but you can read any existing data to find a letter (or string) that can be used by any existing data It is never done at the end, and it uses new string (and protect white space in them).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -