ruby on rails - How do (or can I) hack a gem temporarily while looking for a bug? -


I have a gem in a laptop on a laptop (for example not a server) in my home directory. I have installed Ruby 1.9.1 and some other gems, especially the right ones - which allow access to Ruby with S3, etc.

When doing a query on SimpleDB, all works except for a bug, and the item returned in the list contains an item with any two byte utf-8 characters in its index (s) < / P>

So I look at the sources of the right prices installed on my machine, and I can see some places where I would like to test a fix. If I edit the file, save the changes, (a password is required), then restart the server (script / server), it ignores my changes

I have enough New - Do you have to take effect in the source code to take the 'code' or other similar steps?

I can see that the edited file is changed by looking at it in the terminal.

Are you really editing the version you are applying to? If you are using bundler, it will download it in a separate folder (hidden in your home directory) if gem does not use the correct scope make sure that the file you are editing It is similar to the same report.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -