Is it possible to create a branch from a tag in TortoiseSVN without first checking out the tag from SVN server? -


There is about 100 MB code in our trunk directory and we make tags from the trunk directory. Generally, this is not a problem because the tag does not take any place until you need to use it for anything. Since the branches are made from tags in SVN, how can I create a branch from a tag, which was checking the tag first? It appears that before I can use Tortoise> Branch / Tag, to create a branch, I have to update the turtle from Windows Explorer to bring the tag down on my local machine. It seems logical because we do not change the tag folders, and for this I check the 100 MB code, to create only one branch, and then look at another 100 MB code in the branch folder, where the change will actually be made.

Ideally, I can create a branch directly in the repository through a repo broker - but I can not see an option for it.

Am I missing something?

Creating a branch is just a matter of copying the desired directory to another location, it is directly in the repo browser Can be done

In relation to Subbers, as far as one branch of a tag is different, there is nothing special in it.

There is only one convention to store these under different parental folders, whose name is 'branches' and 'tag'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -