database - Should I Split Tables Relevant to X Module Into Different DB? Mysql -


I have inherited a very big and some dirty codebase, and make it faster, less silly and generally better Has been worked with.

We currently use a large database to keep all the data for all aspects of the site, as we need to plan for significant growth in the future, I differ for specific sections of the site - I am considering separate split tables in separate compartments, so if one gets too large for one server then I can easily move some user data

I still need to be used to join some tables in the new database.

Is this a normal thing?

> Will this be a performance hit for me?

If you are concerned with the data volume, then you might be better off maintaining a single database and Just make sure that your server has enough disk space / storage if you are worried about access / sec, then look at running multiple copies of the database on different servers for load balancing, to keep them synchronized, Use master repoll.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -