How can I make the Eclipse Python debugger more reliable? -


I have found that under some circumstances the eclipse python debugger can be unreliable. For example, while stepping through the memory-hungry Python program, I've found that after a certain point the reply to the debugger fails. The whole process hangs with 100% CPU load.

I've heard (unconfirmed) reports from developers, when this happens when it's not really hanging, but it's very slow, for example a step that usually takes microseconds , It may take up to five minutes

I saw it with both the regular Eclipse debugger (like when you debug -> Python Run) and the pydev network debugger, the thing on which the work is going to stop That is quite arbitrary, but re-production I'm debug fully numeracy is a socket or TCP activity can disrupt a network debugger However, the point at which the failure occurs that corresponds substantially to a given workstation. Work.

I get almost the same effect as if I'm using Debug-> Python running as a debug, as I like Pydev's network debugger ('import pydevd; pydevd.settrace () ') - Where one fails, others are also likely to fail.

If I run the script normally (no debugger) it was executed without any hang. In addition, if I replace the old skial inline breakpoint (with 'Import PDB: PDB.Set_TCI)', everything works just fine. PDB is almost never mistaken, but at times I can not use it, for example when I am debugging the python function from Excel - because there is no console.

I have found that this failure never seems to be accompanied by trivial programs, so I have concluded that the mistake can be related to memory.

So - nobody knows what can happen due to this incredibility. Can there be any change for the debugger or the environment, which can make Debugger work more reliable?

FYI, the latest Eclipse and Python 2.4.4 on Windows XP 32bit; Pydev. Psyco (JIT compiler) is not available. There are known issues with Python 2.4 (if possible, get a new version), then


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

windows - Heroku throws SQLITE3 Read only exception -

lex - Building a lexical Analyzer in Java -

python - rename keys in a dictionary -